Day 5 - Wildlife!

Crap cleared: 6 foot python

So I was sitting here, half way through writing my daily blog, when I heard a kafuffle outside.
Ha, what a funny word that is... kafuffle... KAFUFFLE - the perfect word to describe the carry-on I heard.

It was after 8.30pm - gate closed, chooks looked up, cats fed and inside, kids in bed, time for me time - what could it be? Was it the chooks? They should be fine - locked in their house. Maybe cats fighting somewhere? I grabbed the torch and went to check that the chookies were ok.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stood outside the chookhouse shining the torch on their roost and there was a GIGANTIC snake with a feather in its mouth. A quick chook count....they're all there. Now, what to do...

My Dad always used to say when I was growing up on the farm, "The only good snake's a dead snake."



And now as I clear the crap I'm gonna find one of these in the garage, in a box in the spare room....aaaah, there's probably one in the laundry....in my wardrobe....aaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!


Day 5 observations
  • Snakes should not be protected!

3 comments:

  1. I really wish you hadn't killed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakes do good work keeping the rodent population down. Snakes should be protected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog OrganisedPauper.

    What's to say I didn't get him in the box and relocated him...

    All snakes are protected in Australia.

    But I protect my chickens from snakes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...