Day 19 - Yeah, i believe in this - but it may be time to let it go.

Crap cleared: items from the warehouse
 
My frame of mind effected the number of sales that I had at the market today.

Once a month I attend a local village market to share my i believe in this home decor, wall art and giftware. There’s really not enough foot traffic to make it a financially worthwhile event, but it’s a safe environment to take the children with me and it provides a chance to ‘get rid of’ some stock. I say it like this because I have stock from a previous venture that I need to move and no real means of distribution at the moment, other than an online store that I don’t put a lot of energy into.

I was so happy to see this gorgeous time piece go to a woman who fell in love with it and said she had the perfect spot for it in her home.
 

Winston Clock  107cm x 98cm  $99.00
 
It was raining during market set up, so a negative cloud was already hovering overhead. It’s so horrible to get everything wet, and the freshly mown grass was sticking to the tent walls. I couldn’t put any cardboard boxes or cane baskets on the ground. Then after unloading the gear, as there were fewer stall-holders than normal, I decided to relocate my tent to a better position. Well, I found out later that the new spot where I planted the tent was right on top of a green ant nest!
 

People must have thought the ants were in my pants
with the way I was prancing around inside and around my stall -
but the movement was only to try to stop them
crawling up and biting my feet and ankles.
And they hurt so much!!
 

Well... then my daughter got bitten... She reacts badly to any insect bite, but the screaming and carry-on that followed a green ant bite was just awful. I had only had a few sales and was really starting to question why I put myself through the drama and hard physical work of setting up tent, tables and stock and packing it all up again. Not to mention the fiasco that comes with having to take the kids along with me. It really is an effort - particularly when there is only a small amount of sales.

I also started to face some kind of internal paradox due to my current crap-clearing process. These items, however beautiful to decorate a home, may one day be considered by the purchaser to be their crap!

Maybe it’s time I finally let go of this retail arm of my business?

And then my daughter started whingeing about her thumb. She was hurt yesterday and now has three stitches - her first big injury. Her constant whingeing was effecting my vibe and ability to interact with customers. So we had a chat about positivity and sending out good energy. Soon after she had settled and we found an activity to keep her happy, I became happier and I began making some good sales. Amazing how one persons frame of mind can effect the surrounding atmosphere.
 
Here’s a few more items that went off to lovely new homes today:
 
 
Falling Flowers  100cm x 47cm  $75

Bodice  67 x 30 x 9cm  $55

 
Fern in Pot  100cm x 82cm  $55

 
   Day 19 observations:
  • I need to continually work on not letting other people’s issues effect my internal being. I must incorporate a protection process into my daily morning routine.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...