Day 84 - 90 A Training… A Workout… A Lifestyle...


So I have cleared out some crap from my mind,
as a result of decluttering my home;
processed a lot of suppressed emotions along the way;
and discovered my connection with spirit.

Now it's time to clear the crap from my BODY.


As I write this, I am half way through munching a packet of Roast Tomato & Balsamic flavoured rice crackers - the first of the bad habits that have to go.... late night munching. It is purely the crunch sensation that I am addicted to and I can just as easily snack through a whole packet of plain cardboard-tasting rice cakes in an evening, while sitting at the computer for hours and hours... bad habits #2 and #3 - spending too much time online and too much time sitting.

Too many months of sedentary.
The lapsed gym membership.
Poor diet.
Lollies.
Chocolate.
Self-sabotage.

Time for a new focus, Baby!!!





I fell in love with NIA back in April or May and knew from the very first class that I participated in that I would be fully integrating this practice into my life and may possibly teach it myself one day.

I truly get lost in the movement, the moment, the sensation and "dance like no one is watching". It's hard to describe my attraction to NIA. I just know that this is something that I must embrace in my life.

I know that this will be the thing that brings my body to where I want it to be, in terms of fitness, and the healing of my current aches and pains. I know that this will be the thing that brings me into my body. It will provide the vehicle for me to finally feel comfortable with myself physically, emotionally and spiritually.

This morning I fly out to attend a NIA Intensive Training. I will be doing my White Belt. I'm excited, scared and full of anticipation for what will transpire over the next 7 long days.




NIA - which stands for Neuromuscular Integrative Action - is a new trend in mind-body wellness. It is the most advanced form of fusion fitness, blending martial arts, healing arts, dance, and spiritual self-healing to create a high-powered, synergistic workout that no isolated exercise technique can match. NIA presents an entirely new philosophy of exercise - one that keeps you in fantastic shape but also helps you rediscover the joy of movement

From the moment you step into Nia, your relationship to your body and your experience of life  changes forever.


Good-bye late night crunching - the new me is arriving.


I can't wait to learn more about this personal growth,
fitness and lifestyle practice.

Then share it with others.



___________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...