Sort it & Shine - or not!!

Day two of preparation for Sort it & Shine (more on that to come later!) and I still haven’t finished the laundry.
 
So, what does this mean?
 
I’m so inspired right now. I have so much energy and enthusiasm. I want to get so much done. Yet in the back of my mind I know that there are only 24 hours in the day, and if I am to be realistic, and if I am to get more sleep, which I have been trying to do for a long, long time, and if I am to be prepared for my Brown Belt and 5 Stages, and if I’m to keep my kids (and myself) alive in the process, then I just might need to delay a project or two.
 
 
Priorities!
 
 
What do I really need to focus on right now?

 
What can wait until later?
 

Even though I am capable of doing it – should I?

 
 

“If a warrior is to succeed at anything,

the success must come gently,

with a great deal of effort

but with no stress or obsession.”

~ Carlos Castaneda
 
I will take a more considered approach to where I direct my energy.
  
Inspiration!
 
There’s a fine line between grabbing an idea and just going with it, learning on the fly and getting by, and taking time to establish a solid foundation. I keep wanting to build, build, build, but maybe the foundation is still not ready. My fear is that the more I hesitate and attempt the preparation for my big future project, the longer it will take to get it off the ground.
 
One step at a time!
 
Slow down!

 
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
 
 
Day 1 of preparation for Sort it & Shine was simply HOUSEWORK!

Get the general living areas of my home clean and tidy. Significant progress was made with lounge tidied up, bathrooms and toilets scrubbed clean, kitchen cleared and a million loads of clothes washing done, half of which is still hanging on the line.
 
 
I have always felt better equipped to begin new challenges when all general chores have been completed. But don’t go overboard with it, as there will ALWAYS be housework to do. You cannot let this be your excuse not to start something new, but it sure helps to have structure in your routine and dedication to regular duties, in order to take on the next new project.
 
You need to recognise and find your own comfort level with household chores, and this varies greatly between individuals, and also within the individual depending on what’s going on for them at the time.
 
What state are you comfortable to leave the house in, before you take your attention to something else?

   
*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...